LINK 510 Vehicle Tracking Device - Highlights
Benefit from more efficient vehicle management with the TomTom LINK 510. Our vehicle tracking device works in tandem with the FMS interfaces and digital tachographs in your vehicles. So you can access valuable driving and vehicle data, any time.
With its advanced integration features, the LINK 510 is the leading commercial vehicle tracking device. You’ll see real time and historical reports on when, where and how your vehicles are being driven. The LINK 510 vehicle tracking device also makes it easy to analyse your fuel costs, working hours and driving performance.
Superior insight from the LINK 510 vehicle tracking device
- Get automated reports covering mileage, trips, time spent on location and driving behaviour.
Why choose TomTom?
- Hassle-free installation by a local business partner.
- Plug-and-play solution with a proven and quick ROI.
- Professional support in your area.
- A future-proof investment - vehicle tracking is part of TomTom WORKsmart™ fleet management
- Optimise efficiency of your teams on the road.
- Empower your staff to spend more time with customers.
- Drive down fuel, maintenance and insurance costs.
- Reduce administration for your drivers and your back office.
Would you like to know more about how the LINK 510 vehicle tracking device can add value to your business?
LINK 510 - Benefits
By keeping you connected with your commercial vehicles, the TomTom LINK 510 vehicle tracking device can help you reduce costs and enhance the productivity of your mobile workforce.
How it works
The TomTom LINK 510 is a small vehicle tracking device that can be quickly installed into any car, van or truck. It uses GPS/GSM technologies to communicate between the vehicle and the office, providing a wealth of tracking, tracing and reporting information in real-time.
All of this information can be viewed in WEBFLEET™, our secure online fleet management system, which presents the data clearly through standard reports and dashboards.
Greater driving efficiency, lower costs
Reduce costs and help your teams deliver more transparent customer service:
- Monitor driving behaviour to reduce maintenance and insurance costs.
- Cut fuel costs and carbon emissions by promoting a greener, safer and efficient driving style.
- Reports on speed, over revving and harsh braking and steering.
- Map the position of your vehicles, and always send the nearest driver.
- Analyse driving speed and time spent at each location, so teams can spend more time with customers.
Help fleet and back office teams reduce their workload:
- Full logbook functionality included.
- Paperless, automated mileage registration of both private and business miles.
- View all information in one simple graph, to manage your targets.
Protect your assets
Enhance your vehicle and driver security by connecting the LINK 510 to important vehicle data using digital input/output:
- Keep drivers and cargo secure with remote door lock functionality.
- Prevent unauthorised use of the vehicle.
- Automatic fuel theft detection.
- Trucks can be monitored more effectively through the simultaneous use of digital tachograph, FMS and digital input.
A future-proof investment
The TomTom LINK 510 vehicle tracking device is part of WORKsmart™, TomTom's out-of-the-box fleet management solution:
- Connect to the TomTom PRO navigation series via Bluetooth® for easier, quicker time management and job dispatch.
- Make your fleet greener through TomTom ecoPLUS™.
LINK 510 - Specifications
|Dimensions||Body: 121 x 56.5 x 21.5 mm|
|Body with Holder: 121 x 68 x 25.5 mm|
|Weight and material||Body: 88 g, PC/ABS|
|Holder: 12 g, PC/ABS|
|Environment||Environmental sealing: IP20|
|Operating temperature: -30°C to +70°C|
|Storage temperature: -40°C to +80°C|
|Supply voltage||12V/24V (min. 9V to max. 30V)|
|Current consumption||At 14V: typically < 50mA|
|At 28V: typically < 30mA|
|Standby: typically < 1mA|
|During data transmission||14V < 150mA|
|28V < 100mA|
|Fuse Protection||Operating voltage* 9V - 30V to be fused with max. 10A|
|Ignition to be fused with max. 10A|
|*Internally fused with 2A, fuse is not resettable or replaceable, fuse must be replaced by TomTom Telematics only|
|GPS antenna||SMB (male) - (Antenna female)|
|Supply voltage range 3.3V|
|Minimum antenna gain at 3V: 20dB|
|Maximum antenna gain: 40dB|
|Maximum noise rating: 1.5dB|
|GSM antenna connector for external GSM antenna
|SMB (male) - (antenna - female), for use with GSM antenna from TomTom Telematics only|
|Inputs||2 x digital inputs, ignition input|
|Output||1 x digital output|
|CANbus:||CAN H, CAN L|
|GPS-Module||Integrated, antenna and receiver|
|Bluetooth||Integrated Bluetooth (class 2) for connection to TomTom PRO device and other TomTom accessories like the Remote LINK and the TomTom ecoPLUS™|
What's in the box?
- TomTom LINK 510 unit
- Power cable
LINK 510 - Installation
Hassle-free installation. At TomTom we aim for a total user experience. It's not just the use of the product that needs to be easy, it's the full experience. That is why we have made sure that the installation of the TomTom LINK 510 is extremely easy. We have certified partners across the country to ensure correct installation and support.
- The LINK 510 unit can be fitted to a vehicle's dashboard or hidden away behind the dashboard - whichever is most convenient. Once it's securely in place, it's connected to the vehicle's power supply, ignition and any other digital input devices required. While installing the unit is a relatively quick and easy process, it should only be undertaken by a qualified installer.
- We are happy to recommend a reseller, distributor or business partner who will be able to carry out the installation at a time and place to suit you. Simply search within our list of approved partners in your area. Alternatively request a sales demonstration of the TomTom LINK 510.
TomTom offers a range of complementary products to the TomTom LINK. You can add additional value to the TomTom LINK 510 with the following accessories.
TomTom Remote LINK Working Time
The TomTom Remote LINK Working Time is designed to track the working hours of individuals and groups travelling in your company cars, trucks and vans. Employees just use the remote control to register the moment they start work, take a break or head for home. So you end up with an accurate record of everyone's working hours, not just the driver's.
TomTom Remote LINK Logbook
The TomTom Remote LINK Logbook is a remote control device that lets you see exactly how your fleet vehicles are being used. Employees just click a button to register a journey as personal, commuting or business mileage, helping you monitor the number and nature of miles driven.
TomTom External GPS Antenna
If you've installed your TomTom LINK 510 in a place where GPS reception for the integrated GPS-antenna of the TomTom LINK is obstructed, you can use the external GPS antenna from TomTom. It comes with a 2.5 m cable, so that you can also easily attach it to the outside of the vehicle.